A healthy employee is a happy employee. This program provides the tools needed to stay on top of your life and your workload. In Elevate BDG’s Wellness and Life Balance seminar, we’ll teach you how to plan, prioritize, and balance life’s challenges. You’ll be amazed at what you can accomplish and how much better you can feel when you can set goals to achieve success with ease.
Set goals with an emphasis on how they are balancing these goals to achieve success.
Reflect on their ability to build relationships in the workplace and elsewhere to maintain a network of support that aids in the achievement of work and life balance.
Be provided with an opportunity to develop an understanding of their own values and priorities.
Differentiate between “choices” and “trade-offs”.
Learn how to recognize key allies and associations in their lives and explore the roles of balance and authenticity.
Be provided with an action plan to aid in maintaining a balance between their two “worlds”.
Module 1— Perspective
- 4 most common health Behavior Programs
- Increasing Physical Activity
- Nutrition & Weight loss
- Tobacco Cessation
- Substance Abuse Treatment
- Work-Life Balance
Module 2—Your Mental Health
- What is Work-Life Balance?
- What is Well-being?
- How to achieve Work-Life Balance
Module 3— Your Wellbeing & Stress
- Where are you now?
- Defining & Identifying Stress
- Stress Inventory
- Red Zone Stress
- Three Factors that Contribute to Stress
- Physiological Response
- Cognitive Response
- Four Types of Stress
- Acute Stress
- Chronic Stress
- Fight or Flight
- Ways to look at your stress
- Five Devastating Effects of High-Stress Levels
- What Is Stress About?
- Changing Lifestyles
- Change in our environment
Module 4—Coping with Pressures to Create Balance
- Pressure Relieving Techniques
- Stay away from person or situation
- Take control of the environment
- Change the situation
- Reframe your response
- Express feelings
- Practice gratitude
- Talk to someone
- Develop Healthy responses
- Establish boundaries
- Take time to recharge
- Learn how to relax
- Talk to your boss
- Get support
- Breathing through your diaphragm
- Sensory Awareness
- Participant workbook
- Presenter slides and outlines
- Case Studies and Media as appropriate
- Role-play scenarios
- Post-training assessment
- Internet access for the presenter
- Projector (if not ceiling mounted then a table or cart will need to be provided) • Training room must be able to comfortably accommodate the number of participants plus room to move around for various activities)
- Rounds or pods, a small table for presenter’s materials, chairs for all participants • One Flip chart and easel for each round table (for small group work) and markers
- Elevate will choose training facilitators whose background and expertise will support the subject matter and goals of the client
- Instructors will use a variety of instructional methods including lecture, group projects, discussion, and role play
- Participants are expected to be actively engaged in the learning process