A 3-part program designed to unite your workforce through the inclusion of all cultures & levels.
Diversity, equity, & inclusion will be one of the most important issues that companies will tackle in the coming decade. Elevate’s groundbreaking program Uniting Diversity in the Workplace will guide you and your staff through the steps needed to develop a comprehensive DE&I program that will build trust, instill confidence, and create unity for the most diverse workforce in history. We will cover where to start, what to do, and how to do it. From getting started to sending a cohesive message, that in the end, may help to soften difficult conversations and decisions. This course is focused on finding similarities rather than differences, and how to empower your organization to develop solutions that are easily implemented. Prepare yourself and your workforce to meet every challenge by embracing diversity to include a broader vision for a brighter future.
Individualized Cohorts for every level of your organization!
Leaders | Managers and Supervisors | Individual Contributors
Cohort 1: Leaders
Day 1: A Guide to Uniting Diversity
Day 2: Uniting Diversity as a Leader
Day 3: Navigating Difficult Conversations
Day 4: Optional *Join Managers and Supervisors for Debrief or Scheduled Leadership Debrief
Cohort 2 - Managers and Supervisors
Day 1: Uniting Diversity as a Leader.
Day 2: Navigating Difficult Conversations
Day 3: Debrief (90 minutes to 2 hours)
Cohort 3 - Individual Contributors
Day 1: Uniting Diversity in the Workplace
Day 2: Managing Emotions in a Diverse Workplace
Day 3: Optional - Debrief with GSA leaders and individuals with Elevate SME to discuss sensitive, emotional, and divisive conversations and possible solutions.
- Define culture & diversity and how it shapes the workplace
- Identify how stereotypes shape our perception
- Build awareness of unconscious biases and why they matter
- Understand the impact of unconscious bias at work and the impact it has on your decision making
- Develop useful cross-cultural attitudes
- Communicate effectively across cultures
- Help teams overcome cross-cultural and virtual barriers
- Create a goal-setting plan to work toward becoming more inclusive by managing your unconscious bias
- Effectively communicate with employees from different cultures
- Learn to create an effective dialogue between you and colleagues
- Learn to manage sensitive topics with ease and diplomacy
- Learn conflict management to reduce defiance
- Learn to influence and persuade
- Develop skills to help you recognize and take action to manage bias
- Promote acceptance and awareness in your organization to help create a multicultural environment
- Create a safe space to have a conversation and establish strategies that encourage everyone to participate - and be heard!
- Learn how to have a respectful dialogue with your co-workers
- Participant workbook
- Presenter slides and outlines
- Case Studies and Media as appropriate
- Role-play scenarios
- Post-training assessment
- Internet access for the presenter
- Projector (if not ceiling mounted then a table or cart will need to be provided)
- Training room must be able to comfortably accommodate the number of participants plus room to move around for various activities)
- Rounds or pods, a small table for presenter’s materials, chairs for all participants
- One Flip chart and easel for each round table (for small group work) and markers
- Elevate will choose training facilitators whose background and expertise will support the subject matter and goals of the client
- Instructors will use a variety of instructional methods including lecture, group projects, discussion, and role play
- Participants are expected to be actively engaged in the learning process